What is the best mattress for lower back pain? Would the right mattress be enough to ease a person’s lower back pain? Given a chance to know more about lower back pain, what else can we do to relieve it? Well, as explained at https://healthon21.com.au/back-pain-solutions, various back pain solutions are available. You only have to know which one is best for you.
Before we proceed to other solutions to relieve pain from the lower back, let us first pay attention to the right mattress. In your case, do you feel good with your bed? Does it help relieve your pain, or does it cause you more pain? Well then, this article can share with you the best mattress for lower back pain.
Best Mattress for Lower Back Pain
We all want to have a good night’s sleep. However, is that possible if we are experiencing lower back pain? In this case, I guess it’s impossible to achieve a good quality of sleep. But then again, have you checked if you are using the right mattress?
A mismatch of mattresses for you could be a potential cause of lower back pains. Fortunately, this article includes some guidelines that you may consider for choosing the best mattress. But before that, let me share the different types of mattresses you can choose from.
- Innerspring: This type involves a steel coil support system. The higher number of coils, the better the support will be on the sleeper.
- Pillow-top: It includes a pillow-like upholstery on top of the mattress’s upper part.
- Hybrid: It involves combining a steel coil support system and one or more foam types.
- Specialty foam: This type of mattress includes one or more foam as its support system.
- Gel mattress: A gel-type uses foam filled with gels, serving as its support system.
- Waterbed: This type has a water chamber. It can be a hard-sided or soft-sided type of waterbed.
- Airbed: An individual can adjust the firmness of this bed. It consists of an adjustable air chamber.
- Latex mattress: A latex foam is the support system of this bed. It can be out of plant or petroleum-based materials.
- Memory foam: Another term for memory foam is viscoelastic. Memory foam includes the usage of high-density polyurethane as the support system. Additionally, memory foam adjusts closely to the body shape of the sleeper.
It seems like there is more to find out about selecting the right mattress. As you can see, the type is already a consideration in your selection.
Guidelines in Choosing Best Mattress for Lower Back Pain
Generally speaking, the right mattress for you does not only need consideration for lower back pain. In this case, here are some guidelines that you can follow when choosing the best bed for you.
1 Your personal preference
Eventually, every back pain is different from one person to another. Overall, the right mattress is when you sleep, not feeling pained at all. For this reason, it would be best to select the bed that will suit your standards.
These standards include the comfort and support you expect from a mattress. As a result, you can achieve the best sleep quality and rest you deserve after a tiring day. So, let me ask you. Does your bed fit your personal preferences? If not, isn’t it time to make some changes?
2 Physical components of the mattress
As we stated above, there are various types of mattresses. Their differences are more on the materials used individually. For this reason, it would help if you know these components. Additionally, understanding each of them is vital as well.
Each type offers different levels of support to the sleeper. However, we need to go back to guideline number one. Is the mattress meeting your personal preference? Combining these two guidelines will help you in making the right choice.
3 Find a mattress with back support
Every person differs in body shapes, curves, and alignment of spines. For this reason, we will have different requirements for back support as well. Given this point, it is essential to put this into consideration when choosing your bed.
The right choice of bed and sufficient back support helps prevent back pains. All you can do is smile after waking up from a sound and quality sleep. The right mattress will help you say goodbye to lower back pains.
Our body consists of many pressure points. When you massage these pressure points, you can also get relief from your pain. As for lower back pains, there are two main pressure points to relieve them.
The first one is on the waist. Grab it lightly. Then, using your thumb, make a circular motion. The second one is about midway up your calf muscle. You will only follow the same motion as that with your waist.
So, if buying a new mattress is not yet on your budget list, try accessing your pressure points instead.
Mattress Types: Decide Which Mattress to Take to Bed, The Better Sleep Council, April 14, 2017, https://bettersleep.org/mattress-education/mattress-types/
Choosing the Best Mattress for Lower Back Pain, J. Talbot Sellers, DO, June 04, 2015, https://www.spine-health.com/wellness/sleep/choosing-best-mattress-lower-back-pain